X3:Terran Conflict Chillpad

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
X3:Terran Conflict Chillpad

This forum is for friendly discussion of the game. People in here try to help others succeed in this masterpiece of a game. Primarily for U.S. Owners, UKers and other nationalities welcome.

3 posters

Painting ships different colors

MEGADETH9mm
    MEGADETH9mm
    Admin

Painting ships different colors Empty Painting ships different colors

Post  MEGADETH9mm Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:29 pm

I just found out that you can go to the "paint shop" at HQs and paint your ships different colors at no cost. I will try this now since i cant figure out the ore collector.
    MEGADETH9mm
    MEGADETH9mm
    Admin

Painting ships different colors Empty Re: Painting ships different colors

Post  MEGADETH9mm Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:34 pm

i cant figure out this either. no options at argon HQ for painting ship or "paint shop" maybe you only get this option when you have your OWN HQ...?
    maphys
    maphys

Post  maphys Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:40 am

In X3:R it was a function of your own PHQ - and only the PHQ. So I am guessing it is the same in TC. And all you could really do was adjust the Hue and Saturation base values of the ship, so effectively you could cycle through a large number of variations but not, for example, paint the nose red, the tail blue and so on. Unless they have massively altered the settings in TC I'd bet this is going to be the same.

Oh - and this was only visible to you if the "Allow ship colour variation" setting was checked in the graphics settings. I spent ages trying to work out what I had done wrong before spotting that...

M
    luckeydawg14
    luckeydawg14
    Admin

Post  luckeydawg14 Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:22 am

hey maphys, have you started building anything yet, or taken over anything ?
    MEGADETH9mm
    MEGADETH9mm
    Admin

Post  MEGADETH9mm Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:30 pm

yup, maphys you right. same thing in tc. when you start the game, go to graphics settings and you will see "allow ship color variations" is checked. now we know the solution to this problem. you gotta create your own HQ before fng with your ships which gains MORE value to this PHENOMINAL GMAE. i mean it just doesnt stop dude. what an amazing piece of software lol.
    maphys
    maphys

Post  maphys Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:10 am

I have built a couple of small complexes this game - but this is my 3rd TC game I am on now. Never bothered with anything larger than about a hundred factories though - the frame rate plummets if you do! I've been concentrating on the Terran plot so all I have built this time around is a thirty factory closed loop (i.e. requires no inputs) to make some trade goods and a few other useful things (chips, crystals), a forty factory closed one to make some useful weapons (ISRs, 1GJ shields, HEPTs). Got a few more planned and about 200M in the bank after some combat frolics. So I reckon that will fund maybe three more complexes and possibly a Tiger. Depends if I decide to make CIGs or PACs! Last game I had a closed missile loop in case I ever wanted an M7M, several non-closed complexes. But I lost so many of their traders to the Yaki that I decided 'closed only' this time. Fits a Terran start better as well.

As for conquest - well, I 'owned' three U/K sectors in the last game. No one goes there without being a friend to me courtesy of the twin Boreas holding fleets. But without the sector takeover script you cannot actually own the sectors, just control them. In X3:R I used to get to having a PHQ and then fork my game into two lines - Pirate/Warlord and Nice Guy. Last time I played that the Paranid were looking thin on the ground. I used to go frag their stations to attract their capital ships, then frag them and steal the loot they dropped!

How about you? Building factories yet or focusing on ships?

M
    luckeydawg14
    luckeydawg14
    Admin

Post  luckeydawg14 Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:40 am

gonna build cash back up, then thinking of building before fighting
    MEGADETH9mm
    MEGADETH9mm
    Admin

Post  MEGADETH9mm Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:13 am

maphys wrote:I have built a couple of small complexes this game - but this is my 3rd TC game I am on now. Never bothered with anything larger than about a hundred factories though - the frame rate plummets if you do! I've been concentrating on the Terran plot so all I have built this time around is a thirty factory closed loop (i.e. requires no inputs) to make some trade goods and a few other useful things (chips, crystals), a forty factory closed one to make some useful weapons (ISRs, 1GJ shields, HEPTs). Got a few more planned and about 200M in the bank after some combat frolics. So I reckon that will fund maybe three more complexes and possibly a Tiger. Depends if I decide to make CIGs or PACs! Last game I had a closed missile loop in case I ever wanted an M7M, several non-closed complexes. But I lost so many of their traders to the Yaki that I decided 'closed only' this time. Fits a Terran start better as well.

As for conquest - well, I 'owned' three U/K sectors in the last game. No one goes there without being a friend to me courtesy of the twin Boreas holding fleets. But without the sector takeover script you cannot actually own the sectors, just control them. In X3:R I used to get to having a PHQ and then fork my game into two lines - Pirate/Warlord and Nice Guy. Last time I played that the Paranid were looking thin on the ground. I used to go frag their stations to attract their capital ships, then frag them and steal the loot they dropped!

How about you? Building factories yet or focusing on ships?

M

i hate the paranid. they are little bastards. lol. just ships, cause i havent had much time to play lately. i will focus on ore collecting tonight build cash up.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:33 pm