X3:Terran Conflict Chillpad

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
X3:Terran Conflict Chillpad

This forum is for friendly discussion of the game. People in here try to help others succeed in this masterpiece of a game. Primarily for U.S. Owners, UKers and other nationalities welcome.

2 posters

Hey all, how's it been, Trading and telling ships to DO THIS, DO THAT.

MEGADETH9mm
    MEGADETH9mm
    Admin

Hey all, how's it been, Trading and telling ships to DO THIS, DO THAT. Empty Hey all, how's it been, Trading and telling ships to DO THIS, DO THAT.

Post  MEGADETH9mm Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:46 pm

Hey it's been a while, sorry i havent been around. got a Q for you dudes. I have a fleet comprised of the following:

Split Boa(4 jags)
    OTAS Zephyrus(1 buster, i know, need more jags)
    Mercury(large cargo hold, that is why i held on to it)
    Vulture SuperFreighter(between this and the merc, makin some dough)

however the trading has become more complicated now because of the ultra large cargo hold of the Vulture. Not that I am complaining, because like always, an ENTIRE NEW ASPECT HAS BEEN SPAWNED within game. but i need to ask this simple question:

Can i order any of these ships to "auto trade via best pricing between selected sectors and leave, em alone to do thier job so I can focus on other things?
    maphys
    maphys

Hey all, how's it been, Trading and telling ships to DO THIS, DO THAT. Empty Re: Hey all, how's it been, Trading and telling ships to DO THIS, DO THAT.

Post  maphys Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:23 am

The Sector trader in TC is a little glitchy but does exactly that (probably fixed in 2.0 - it has been on the cards). Basically you need Trade S/ware Mk3 Teladi docks, Home of Light) which costs 500,000 credits. But once you have that the ship has a new command under trade call "Start sector trader". At first they just trade in one sector but as they level up they gain the ability to range around that sector. The ship does need OK equipment though - 25MJ shield (at least one) and a scanner IIRC.

Back in R these were absolute goldmines for some people.

M
    MEGADETH9mm
    MEGADETH9mm
    Admin

Hey all, how's it been, Trading and telling ships to DO THIS, DO THAT. Empty Re: Hey all, how's it been, Trading and telling ships to DO THIS, DO THAT.

Post  MEGADETH9mm Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:53 pm

maphys wrote:The Sector trader in TC is a little glitchy but does exactly that (probably fixed in 2.0 - it has been on the cards). Basically you need Trade S/ware Mk3 Teladi docks, Home of Light) which costs 500,000 credits. But once you have that the ship has a new command under trade call "Start sector trader". At first they just trade in one sector but as they level up they gain the ability to range around that sector. The ship does need OK equipment though - 25MJ shield (at least one) and a scanner IIRC.

Back in R these were absolute goldmines for some people.

M

thanks dude, but what's a scanner iirc? is that a cargobay scanner? those are illegal, that's why i need to know... wow thanks i'll go pick one of these mk3up now...

also maphys, you mention home of light, where in home of light do i acquire this software? i'm roaming the sector right now...
    maphys
    maphys

Post  maphys Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:39 am

Just a triplex or duplex scanner - no need for anything else. And cargo scanners are not illegal but their use is without a police license for the race's sector you are in.

Check Terracorp in Home of Light - the corporation HQ. They sell all kinds of useful stuff.

Good luck!

M

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:46 pm