X3:Terran Conflict Chillpad

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
X3:Terran Conflict Chillpad

This forum is for friendly discussion of the game. People in here try to help others succeed in this masterpiece of a game. Primarily for U.S. Owners, UKers and other nationalities welcome.

2 posters

Ore Collector....

MEGADETH9mm
    MEGADETH9mm
    Admin

Ore Collector.... Empty Ore Collector....

Post  MEGADETH9mm Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:27 pm

Cant figure out how to use the Ore Collector. I can select and scan asteroids, but dont know how to chope them up or beam them into the collector. If you figure this out, let me know!
    MEGADETH9mm
    MEGADETH9mm
    Admin

Ore Collector.... Empty Re: Ore Collector....

Post  MEGADETH9mm Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:41 pm

on the move. gonna blast up some ore rocks and collect them tonight...
    MEGADETH9mm
    MEGADETH9mm
    Admin

Post  MEGADETH9mm Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:14 pm

hey maphys, when you broke up ore asteroids, what's a good weapon to do it with? i can currently buy an "impulse ray emitter" or a "particle accellerator cannon"
    maphys
    maphys

Post  maphys Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:41 am

Of the two definitely the PAC - the IRE is basically an antimissile weapon as far as I can tell! It does very little damage and has almost no range. Which makes breaking rocks deadly at times because you can be so close you get hit by the shards! IRE = 1km or so range, PAC = 1.7km IIRC. But the PAC drains weapons energy faster so you don't want to waste energy firing it randomly - get close, fire a burst and wait. Of course since there are no enemies bearing down on you then it doesn't really matter!

Edit - when you can get them HEPTs are even better if you can fit them. 2.32km range, loads of damage.

M
    MEGADETH9mm
    MEGADETH9mm
    Admin

Post  MEGADETH9mm Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:43 pm

maphys wrote:Of the two definitely the PAC - the IRE is basically an antimissile weapon as far as I can tell! It does very little damage and has almost no range. Which makes breaking rocks deadly at times because you can be so close you get hit by the shards! IRE = 1km or so range, PAC = 1.7km IIRC. But the PAC drains weapons energy faster so you don't want to waste energy firing it randomly - get close, fire a burst and wait. Of course since there are no enemies bearing down on you then it doesn't really matter!

Edit - when you can get them HEPTs are even better if you can fit them. 2.32km range, loads of damage.

M

nice. i'll get a PAC. i like takin my time in this game anyway. it's gonna last me so many years. Hmmm/ HEPTs.... thanks dude.
    MEGADETH9mm
    MEGADETH9mm
    Admin

Post  MEGADETH9mm Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:05 pm

you know what sucks is they wont give me the zyph. i am one rank below that. i i left argon space to pursue the boa. my new mission under god. we got a half pack of cigarrettes, a full tank of gass, it's night, and we are wearing sunglasses.....HIT IT.
    MEGADETH9mm
    MEGADETH9mm
    Admin

Post  MEGADETH9mm Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:23 pm

i'm going to get a PAC installed on my mercury, mine ore, and sell it to the split tonight. it will take a long time to rank up, but it's the only way right now. unless someone knows a product and a couple sectors where i can make run after run....like the tip luckey gave me about selling ore back and forth from cludbase nw, argon prime and herron's nebula.....
    MEGADETH9mm
    MEGADETH9mm
    Admin

Post  MEGADETH9mm Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:30 pm

gonna head back to argon space tonight, trade or with all 3 of my ships now. the toucan is still at adlana hill military base. i just left it there with a bunch of marines on it. maybe i should try trading something different this time. it would have to be XL cargo though.... hmmm

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 7:04 am