X3:Terran Conflict Chillpad

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
X3:Terran Conflict Chillpad

This forum is for friendly discussion of the game. People in here try to help others succeed in this masterpiece of a game. Primarily for U.S. Owners, UKers and other nationalities welcome.

3 posters

Yo Luckey, How'd you get up to 1 mil credits

MEGADETH9mm
    MEGADETH9mm
    Admin

Yo Luckey, How'd you get up to 1 mil credits Empty Yo Luckey, How'd you get up to 1 mil credits

Post  MEGADETH9mm Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:09 pm

in one night!? tell me yer secret! silent
    luckeydawg14
    luckeydawg14
    Admin

Yo Luckey, How'd you get up to 1 mil credits Empty Re: Yo Luckey, How'd you get up to 1 mil credits

Post  luckeydawg14 Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:54 pm

buying ore in herron's nebula at or around 50cr, then goin 1 sector over to I think its cloudbase northwest, and selling for 150cr or higher. just kept going back and forth for a few hours. now I have a new zephyrus, and still have over $500,000cr left.
    MEGADETH9mm
    MEGADETH9mm
    Admin

Yo Luckey, How'd you get up to 1 mil credits Empty Re: Yo Luckey, How'd you get up to 1 mil credits

Post  MEGADETH9mm Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:11 am

luckeydawg14 wrote:buying ore in herron's nebula at or around 50cr, then goin 1 sector over to I think its cloudbase northwest, and selling for 150cr or higher. just kept going back and forth for a few hours. now I have a new zephyrus, and still have over $500,000cr left.

oh man, how's the zyph?
    luckeydawg14
    luckeydawg14
    Admin

Post  luckeydawg14 Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:27 am

its actually pretty nice, just bought a bunch of upgrades for it, I have to remember where I bought the best buy and best sell locaters and figure out how to install weapons, then train some marines. can we sell old ships ??
    MEGADETH9mm
    MEGADETH9mm
    Admin

Post  MEGADETH9mm Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:50 am

luckeydawg14 wrote:its actually pretty nice, just bought a bunch of upgrades for it, I have to remember where I bought the best buy and best sell locaters and figure out how to install weapons, then train some marines. can we sell old ships ??

yea there's a way to do it at shipyards. i think you have to be in a different ship to sell one. while docked at shipyard with both ships, switch to the one you want to keep. then go to my property and select the one you just exited. i think you can sell it from there. but also i think the ship could be worth more or less depending on which race's sector youa re in. dont take my word for all of this as i havent sold a ship yet and this is all just ideas and speculation.
    luckeydawg14
    luckeydawg14
    Admin

Post  luckeydawg14 Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:47 am

ok, I sold my mercury, got about $460,000 for it. now off to find BB and BS locaters
    MEGADETH9mm
    MEGADETH9mm
    Admin

Post  MEGADETH9mm Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:49 am

luckeydawg14 wrote:ok, I sold my mercury, got about $460,000 for it. now off to find BB and BS locaters

any teladi equipment dock. 460k huh? hmmm i should sell mine once i sell this load of silicon.
    luckeydawg14
    luckeydawg14
    Admin

Post  luckeydawg14 Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:29 am

I should have read the manual before I sold my ship, it says you can transfer equipment from 1 ship to another, grrrrrrrrrrrr... lol
    MEGADETH9mm
    MEGADETH9mm
    Admin

Post  MEGADETH9mm Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:39 am

luckeydawg14 wrote:I should have read the manual before I sold my ship, it says you can transfer equipment from 1 ship to another, grrrrrrrrrrrr... lol

interesting. thanks for the tip on this as my mercury has some stuff on it.
    MEGADETH9mm
    MEGADETH9mm
    Admin

Post  MEGADETH9mm Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:14 am

luckeydawg14 wrote:buying ore in herron's nebula at or around 50cr, then goin 1 sector over to I think its cloudbase northwest, and selling for 150cr or higher. just kept going back and forth for a few hours. now I have a new zephyrus, and still have over $500,000cr left.

how bout getting an ore collector and getting free ore from random asteroids? it cant be this simple though....
    luckeydawg14
    luckeydawg14
    Admin

Post  luckeydawg14 Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:53 am

trying to build my cash back up and thinking of buying an ore mine, or silicone mine
    MEGADETH9mm
    MEGADETH9mm
    Admin

Post  MEGADETH9mm Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:55 am

whoa dude where'd you sell that mercury for 460k? i'm only gettn 133k for it at argon prime shipyard....
    MEGADETH9mm
    MEGADETH9mm
    Admin

Post  MEGADETH9mm Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:01 am

is it cause you had so much equipment loaded on it when you sold it? that's gotta be it....
    luckeydawg14
    luckeydawg14
    Admin

Post  luckeydawg14 Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:02 am

thats where i sold mine. argon prime shipyard. I had 37,000 before i sold, then and over 550,000 after i sold.
    MEGADETH9mm
    MEGADETH9mm
    Admin

Post  MEGADETH9mm Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:04 am

luckeydawg14 wrote:thats where i sold mine. argon prime shipyard. I had 37,000 before i sold, then and over 550,000 after i sold.

it's gotta be because you left all that purchased equipment onboard.
    MEGADETH9mm
    MEGADETH9mm
    Admin

Post  MEGADETH9mm Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:06 am

yup. i just put the bb and bs locators back on the mercury and the value went up to 175k from 133k. you had a lotta stuff on that murcury bro. lol.

i'm going to hold on to the mercury and try some ore trading for tonight.
    luckeydawg14
    luckeydawg14
    Admin

Post  luckeydawg14 Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:12 am

yea, buy ore in herrons nebula, cause theres 3 places to buy ore, then go to cloudbase northwest (right beside it) and sell it, theres 4 places to sell there. use bb and bs and you'll build cash quickly. just keep going back and forth until you get enough
    MEGADETH9mm
    MEGADETH9mm
    Admin

Post  MEGADETH9mm Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:24 am

i decided to purchase the mineral scanner, ore collector, and upgraded both my toucan and mercury's cargo holds, rudders and engines. now i'm gonna go to the ore belt and mine ore for free baby!!! i'll update. lol.
    MEGADETH9mm
    MEGADETH9mm
    Admin

Post  MEGADETH9mm Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:24 am

luckeydawg14 wrote:yea, buy ore in herrons nebula, cause theres 3 places to buy ore, then go to cloudbase northwest (right beside it) and sell it, theres 4 places to sell there. use bb and bs and you'll build cash quickly. just keep going back and forth until you get enough

i will also do this too!! wow, so much to do tonight, with so little time. Sad
    maphys
    maphys

Post  maphys Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:36 am

Careful when mining - you can only break up smaller asteroids (ones that don't appear on the map) unless you have a Mobile Drilling System. An running into them before they are broken up hurts... Basically the way to do it is to shoot up the rocks until they are as small as they go (ie they start to explode when they are shot at). Once you can se how small this is blast away at anything bigger. It is easiest to have an M3 or M4 on call to do this. Just buy a transporter device and keep switching between the two as required.

FWIW you get 50% of the cost of the ship equipment and wares when you sell it - so you save a heck of a lot by transferring the stuff over rather than rebuying it. This is also the only way to sell bulk Nividium in the game. Fill cheap TSs up with it and sell them to shipyards. Can make a lot of money (8K per unit, think it takes 4 XL space so up to 8M for a basic 4K cargo TS plus the ship value).

M
    MEGADETH9mm
    MEGADETH9mm
    Admin

Post  MEGADETH9mm Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:43 pm

maphys wrote:Careful when mining - you can only break up smaller asteroids (ones that don't appear on the map) unless you have a Mobile Drilling System. An running into them before they are broken up hurts... Basically the way to do it is to shoot up the rocks until they are as small as they go (ie they start to explode when they are shot at). Once you can se how small this is blast away at anything bigger. It is easiest to have an M3 or M4 on call to do this. Just buy a transporter device and keep switching between the two as required.

FWIW you get 50% of the cost of the ship equipment and wares when you sell it - so you save a heck of a lot by transferring the stuff over rather than rebuying it. This is also the only way to sell bulk Nividium in the game. Fill cheap TSs up with it and sell them to shipyards. Can make a lot of money (8K per unit, think it takes 4 XL space so up to 8M for a basic 4K cargo TS plus the ship value).

M

ok thx dude i get it now. except for this: once it's broken up, how do i then "suck it in" or "use the ore collector to suction the pieces"?
    maphys
    maphys

Post  maphys Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:12 am

You just run them over - like any cargo in TC. Mining is actually a lot safer and easier in an M6 if you can get one, or even an M7. I got all my Nividium that way. Just ran over asteroid fields until I had a full cargo bay in a Panther!

M
    MEGADETH9mm
    MEGADETH9mm
    Admin

Post  MEGADETH9mm Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:28 am

maphys wrote:You just run them over - like any cargo in TC. Mining is actually a lot safer and easier in an M6 if you can get one, or even an M7. I got all my Nividium that way. Just ran over asteroid fields until I had a full cargo bay in a Panther!

M

oh sweet that should be easy. i will break up the ore tonight with the toucan's weapons, and pick it up with mercury. i've also got nividium in mind too thx to your tip.
    MEGADETH9mm
    MEGADETH9mm
    Admin

Post  MEGADETH9mm Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:47 pm

luckeydawg14 wrote:yea, buy ore in herrons nebula, cause theres 3 places to buy ore, then go to cloudbase northwest (right beside it) and sell it, theres 4 places to sell there. use bb and bs and you'll build cash quickly. just keep going back and forth until you get enough

i tried with the weapons on my toucan to break up ore asteroids but it aint workin good atall. when maphys mentioned M1, Mwhatevers, i knew i was in trouble there. so i have re-loaded, and i'm going to build up cash your way for now, then go back, and load up the merc with the weapons maphys mentioned and just have my way with the asteroids in the "ore belt". maphys, where do i get these "M" weapons? nothing of that nature at argon prime eq dock. what is the exact nature of these weapons so i know what i'm buying? Question Embarassed

ie: how are they listed and where? bom
    MEGADETH9mm
    MEGADETH9mm
    Admin

Post  MEGADETH9mm Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:11 pm

MEGADETH9mm wrote:

i will also do this too!! wow, so much to do tonight, with so little time. Sad

edit my bad, i used bs locator and ther eis only one.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 8:55 am