X3:Terran Conflict Chillpad

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
X3:Terran Conflict Chillpad

This forum is for friendly discussion of the game. People in here try to help others succeed in this masterpiece of a game. Primarily for U.S. Owners, UKers and other nationalities welcome.

3 posters

Hi All, I am not a fighter fyi....

MEGADETH9mm
    MEGADETH9mm
    Admin

Hi All, I am not a fighter fyi.... Empty Hi All, I am not a fighter fyi....

Post  MEGADETH9mm Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:58 pm

I chose to take the trading route initially. So I will be preoccupied with trading and tech and other general stuff during our tenure here. I apologize if i do not have any knowledge on being a fighterpilot. However, I will post in here on my capturing of ships etc and fighting when i get to it.

Last edited by MEGADETH9mm on Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total
    luckeydawg14
    luckeydawg14
    Admin

Hi All, I am not a fighter fyi.... Empty Re: Hi All, I am not a fighter fyi....

Post  luckeydawg14 Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:16 pm

I did the same thing. started trading first to build up some bank. but I need to start looking at weapons because I wondered into a territory(forgot name) and there were like 7 or 8 ships that started shooting at me and blew me up before I could get back out, lmao.
    maphys
    maphys

Post  maphys Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:39 am

Well, maybe this is a good first place to contribute as I am most definitely not a trader in either X3 game!

This game has some very different fight mechanics to X3:R mainly due to the changes in certain weapons. PBEs always were pretty much instant hit but now they do enough damage and are common enough to be a threat. PBGs are just nasty, PSGs for small ships. What it comes down to is that whereas in X3:R you could hope to stay a fighter pilot forever (I used to happily clear a Xenon sector in an M3+ - it just took time to do), TC kind of makes you fly the larger ships. Thankfully you get the M7s in TC as well because M6s were a waste of time and effort in R and so far underwhelm me in TC.

I can post some basic tips I have worked out if you like, but I am no super-fighter and certainly don't know it all! I don't want to patronise the board here.

M
    MEGADETH9mm
    MEGADETH9mm
    Admin

Post  MEGADETH9mm Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:52 am

maphys wrote:Well, maybe this is a good first place to contribute as I am most definitely not a trader in either X3 game!

This game has some very different fight mechanics to X3:R mainly due to the changes in certain weapons. PBEs always were pretty much instant hit but now they do enough damage and are common enough to be a threat. PBGs are just nasty, PSGs for small ships. What it comes down to is that whereas in X3:R you could hope to stay a fighter pilot forever (I used to happily clear a Xenon sector in an M3+ - it just took time to do), TC kind of makes you fly the larger ships. Thankfully you get the M7s in TC as well because M6s were a waste of time and effort in R and so far underwhelm me in TC.

I can post some basic tips I have worked out if you like, but I am no super-fighter and certainly don't know it all! I don't want to patronise the board here.

M

lol, any tips of any kind are welcome. so are you dude! thanks for joining! cheers
    luckeydawg14
    luckeydawg14
    Admin

Post  luckeydawg14 Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:28 am

I bought a mass driver and some ammo for my zephyris, and it looked like it went into my cargo bay as freight. how do you install weapons to use ?
    maphys
    maphys

Post  maphys Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:29 am

First step is to see if the Zephy can take MDs. From memory I don't think it can. You need to look at the ship information menu (press Y then U, or select information from the your ship menu to the left of the screen) and scroll down to the brightly coloured bars. That will highlight what weapons you can install. From memory the Zephy takes IREs and PACs in all slots and HEPTs in the front guns. But it hasn't got the energy for much fighting, really.

If you can fit MDs and they haven't automatically installed (they usually do) then press Y, G to open your weapons menu (or select weapons from the side 'your ship' menu). You will see all the weapons slots available, and when you highlight one a list of what you can install will come up at the top (and then when you click you get an 'install weapon' option to actually fit it).

M
    luckeydawg14
    luckeydawg14
    Admin

Post  luckeydawg14 Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:34 am

maphys wrote:First step is to see if the Zephy can take MDs. From memory I don't think it can. You need to look at the ship information menu (press Y then U, or select information from the your ship menu to the left of the screen) and scroll down to the brightly coloured bars. That will highlight what weapons you can install. From memory the Zephy takes IREs and PACs in all slots and HEPTs in the front guns. But it hasn't got the energy for much fighting, really.

If you can fit MDs and they haven't automatically installed (they usually do) then press Y, G to open your weapons menu (or select weapons from the side 'your ship' menu). You will see all the weapons slots available, and when you highlight one a list of what you can install will come up at the top (and then when you click you get an 'install weapon' option to actually fit it).

M

i looked at the properties on the ship and it says that both turret slots can take a mass driver
    maphys
    maphys

Post  maphys Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:14 am

Then the second paragraph is how to fit it. Thanks for letting me know - for some reason I didn't think it did!

M

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:03 am