X3:Terran Conflict Chillpad

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
X3:Terran Conflict Chillpad

This forum is for friendly discussion of the game. People in here try to help others succeed in this masterpiece of a game. Primarily for U.S. Owners, UKers and other nationalities welcome.

Tech thread. Time to Make this beauty run RIGHT!

MEGADETH9mm
    MEGADETH9mm
    Admin

Tech thread.  Time to Make this beauty run RIGHT! Empty Tech thread. Time to Make this beauty run RIGHT!

Post  MEGADETH9mm Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:23 pm

Okay, here's my system setup
    https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v65/sociopath1/systemm.jpg

uhhhh, here's my system score.
    https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v65/sociopath1/performance.jpg

wanna know why? go into those startup programs on the left. dont f**k with windows stuff. just get rid of the "pron" and other stuff that is totally unnecessary. Do It SPARINGLY....then do a system check. Then eliminate some more, do another system check. never f around with something you think would be detrimental to your system. Consult windows and MS if you aren;t sure what to delete. I'm just telling you guys, those things come from the internet, and what is the MOST imortant thing in our lives besides our wife and kids? Yep...X3TC. so check it, and call MS, let them help you delete some of those a-holes fromt he startup menu.

Also, Make sure you do a DEFRAG Twice a month.

Another tip: I have a GeFORCE 8600GTS. There are far better cards than this in this day and age, and take a look at my poor 5.3 score. My card is about 2.0 yrs old and the whole vehicle is running fine with 8Xantialiasing and 8Xanistropic filtering at a res of 1280x768x32. There are the occasional "chugs", but dont worry, it always catches up.

I also noticed that leaving the disc in the drive helps.

Another tip, avoid saving at any station in "CEO's Sprite", there is a glitch there that when you load it up(after saving there) the game chugs at an unplayable rate.

Please see my "UPDATES THREAD" for official EGOSOFT Updates/Patches to the game.

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:32 am